Design with Barn Doors
If a barn door is part of your design dreams, look no further than Cochran’s Lumber. We have so many great-looking, handcrafted barn doors, your only problem will be choosing which one you like best. Our talented team of flooring experts can help you select the perfect wood to accent and maximize design aesthetic.
Designing with Doors
A weathered barn door will make an eye-catching statement in any room.
- A distressed, rough-looking wood door brings character to an ultra-modern space.
- A softer finish on a rustic door complements any traditional, cabin or cottage style.
- Consider a painted door to add a pop of unexpected color.
Door to Floor
Barn doors are a versatile design item that you can use anywhere in your home.
- Turn it into a pocket door to divide a room.
- Hang it on a wall to create a bold focal point.
- Turn it into a tabletop or desktop.
- Hang it from high ceiling beams.
- You could even just use it as a door!
Choose Your Wood
Cochran’s team of expert advisors can help you select the wood, finish and stain that matches your vision for your home. We are a trusted resource for reclaimed and recycled wood and we can also fashion custom wood doors that have that identical reclaimed, distressed look.
At Cochran’s, you can choose from the finest American hardwoods, all responsibly grown and sustainably harvested. We think these woods are the most beautiful, character-filled woods in the world and you can’t go wrong with any of them.
- Southern longleaf pine: a classic look with a golden-red color that darkens with age.
- Douglas fir: a tight, smooth grain pattern and rich tones.
- Maple: one of the strongest woods, with a light, bright color that works well in contemporary styles.
- Cherry: the fine, smooth grain makes this an elegant choice.
- Red oak: noticeable, deeply-etched grain patterns give it a rugged look.
- White oak: golden-red tones give this wood warmth and hominess.
Choose Your Style
If you’re not sure where to start, the best place to begin is Cochran’s. Visit our showroom online or in person and take a look at the many woods and stains we have to offer.
Now imagine that wood hanging on the wall, or used as furniture, in your home. Which one fits your style, the size of your room, and the overall look you’re trying to create? We’ll help you figure it out.
Smooth or Distressed?
Rustic, distressed barn doors are popular, and for good reason. But if you prefer a tighter grain pattern that looks smooth and even, Cochran’s can show you some beautiful woods that do just that.
If, on the other hand, you can’t resist the marks of history and time that give old wood its special character, we have the rough-hewn lumber you’ll love.
The sawing method used on a wood will also determine what kind of grain pattern emerges. Cochran’s wood and design experts take all of this into account when we show you our selections.
A Door You’ll Adore
If you’re looking for a barn door that will give your room a breathtaking look, come and see what Cochran’s has to offer. We’ll show you some of the ways our customers have used barn doors in their own design, and inspire you with new ideas.
Call Cochran’s today. We’ll help you open the door to a whole new design possibility.
Cochran’s Lumber is proud to be the leading provider of spectacular floors for homes, offices, and retail spaces across America! Our newly redesigned showroom was thoughtfully designed to make the selection of flooring and finishes exciting and simple. We feature a variety of new and reclaimed flooring products and many new and unique finishes.
We are proud to offer an inviting space where customers can come and get a clear visual of the many types of hardwood flooring options that we offer, and feel comfortable at the same time.
Visit our showroom today in historic Berryville, VA (only 50 miles west of Washington D.C) or give us a call at 1(877) 297-8331.