Ways to maintain your investment for years to come.
Whether you’ve just installed hardwood flooring or have lived with it for many years, the care remains the same: Keep it simple and consistent. With a few supplies and a little knowledge, your floors will age beautifully and last for generations.
Regular care steps
- Vacuum with a soft-bristle, non-marking brush to get rid of dirt and dust that’s accumulated.
- For stubborn or sticky messes, use a gentle floor cleaner (we like this one) and a micro-fiber cloth (like this). Spray sparingly and buff with cloth to remove.
- Stay away from products containing oils, harsh chemicals like ammonia, and rough cleaning pads and stiff-bristle brushes.
- Avoid saturating your floors with liquids. Water and wood do not mix well!
- For instances where a deeper clean is necessary, we like this floor mop and spray. Be sure no liquid is left to pool on your floorboards.
- Humidity plays a role in how your floors perform. As seasons change, consider installing a humidity monitor (like this) to regulate how much moisture is in your home. Ideal indoor humidity level is between 30-50%.
Certified Flooring Finishers
Did you know that Cochran’s Lumber is a Certified Bona Finisher? When you purchase a pre-finished floor from Cochran’s Lumber, you can walk on it with confidence that our trained BONA ® staff has expertly finished your floor so that it will last a lifetime.
Cochrans Lumber – Prefinished Pros
To learn more about tips and tricks from BONA and to purchase any of BONA’s full range of hardwood flooring cleaning products and accessories, you can visit their website here.
Our Experts are Standing By
We’ve learned a lot about flooring care over the last 45 years. The experts at Cochran’s are here to help you understand how to preserve your investment. Contact us today to get more information.
Cochran’s Lumber, Inc. is proud to be the leading provider of spectacular floors for homes, offices, and retail spaces across America! Our newly redesigned showroom was thoughtfully designed to make the selection of flooring and finishes exciting and simple. We feature a variety of new and reclaimed flooring products and many new and unique finishes.
We are proud to offer an inviting space where customers can come and get a clear vision of the many types of hardwood flooring options that we offer, and feel comfortable at the same time.
Visit our showroom today in historic Berryville, VA (only 50 miles west of Washington D.C), or give us a call at 1(877) 297-8331.